Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Intro

Hi... I’m a 35 year old woman, divorced, no kids (yet), three cats, two younger sisters, and a teenage brother.  Just a normal woman, living a typical life, so who cares right?  Well, after my divorce then breaking up with my boyfriend of two years, I was feeling down like anyone would.  Of course my girlfriends, mother, sisters, and step mother gave me suggestions and advice.  They would try to help, but really nothing could.  It’s just nice that they are there for you and lend an ear when you need to vent.  I started reading self help books, books teaching you how to understand men, and books telling you how to date and get a guy.  They did help in a way…made me feel more confident and gave me a new sense of self and motivation.  I started working out and eating better.  I started getting a life…rather than sitting at home on the couch alone, I made plans with friends and family.  I also started going out more with my 23 year old sister and her friends.  It’s nice to go out and have men guess that you are almost 10 years younger than you really are.  But then as far as my dating life, I did get lonely, I wasn’t really meeting anyone.  I had what a friend coined L.B.S. (Lonely Bitch Shit).  When I went out, every guy I met was 22 years old or they were interested in only one aspect of a relationship (guess which one).  So I had to try something else.  In my new quest I thought  it would be a good idea to journal and record what happened.  I did a lot of journaling during my separation from my ex-husband and it really helped.  Once I started, not only was it amusing and entertaining, but I thought hey…maybe this could help someone else.  Just as I was reading those books during my time of need, it might help someone to know that they are not alone…someone else had been through the same thing, and maybe you could laugh at me a little too (my friends and sisters sure did).  So I'm gonna tell you what happened…

No comments:

Post a Comment